Wednesday 30 November 2011

McCoist Hoping Sectarianism Won't Drive Lafferty Away

Ally McCoist is hoping sectarianism which remains a problem in Scottish football will not drive Kyle Lafferty away from the club. The player had been targeted after his car window had been smashed in a petrol station last week.

Celtic striker Anthony Stokes also had been targeted recently, where previously Neil Lennon was sent an explosive device earlier in the year and Niall McGinn and Paddy McCourt  were sent bullets in the post.

Speaking about the sectarian attacks, McCoist said; "I think we are all sick of it (sectarian attacks). So Kyle's no different from the rest of us," he said.

"Anthony Stokes' window gets panned in, and Kyle gets his car done. It's a sad reflection on society but I still think we are getting better.

"But I don't think what has happened would stand in the way of Kyle signing a new deal. I would certainly hope not anyway."

Kyle Lafferty aired his frustration at being targeted by thugs during in what should be a special moment in his life.

"I'm doing okay, but I'm sick of all this nonsense - there's no need for it," he said.

"All I want to do is concentrate on my football with Rangers  and my relationship with Nicola, and I can't wait for the birth of our baby in three weeks' time.

"These are exciting times for me and I don't need them ruined by incidents like this." Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...