Tuesday 5 July 2011

Carlos Tevez: I Need To Leave City

Carlos Tevez has once again reiterated that he wants to leave Manchester City, the South American has struggled to settle down at Eastlands and has asked the fans to understand the reason he wants to leave.

Tevez has always insisted that he finds it hard being so far away from his family and that me misses his daughters immensely who live back home in Argentina, in December Tevez submitted a transfer request to the club but shortly after he decided against the decision after clear the air talks were held with the club.

His long term future was always subjected to speculation, but it was inevitable the striker would leave at the end of the season.

Tevez who is currently on international duty with Argentina in the Copa America and he has claimed that when the tournament is over. He doesn’t want to return to Manchester.

"It is with great regret that I have to inform Manchester City  of my wish to leave the club," he said in a statement.

"I would like to state that I have great respect for the club, its supporters and the owner, Sheikh Mansour, who has been nothing other than respectful to me.

Tevez has always insisted that he was 100% committed to the club, but after spending time with his family over the summer. The front man has now declared that he needs to leave the club to be closer to his family.

"I hope that the people understand the difficult circumstances I have been living under the past 12 months, in regards to my family.

"Living without my children in Manchester has been incredibly challenging for me.

"Everything I do, I do for my daughters, Katie and Florencia. I need to be closer to them and to spend more time with them.

"I need them to be happy because my life is about them now. I need to be in a place where they can adapt.

Tevez made 86 appearences while scoring 53 goals at City and he played an important part in City winning the FA Cup and securing a Champions League place for the club this season.

"Being captain of Manchester City, qualifying for the Champions League, winning the FA Cup and finishing as top-scorer last season has made me very proud.

"I hope that most of the City fans will understand that I have given them my all on the pitch and that my dedication to the City cause has been 100% on the pitch.

"I hope I have done my bit to help City continue their progress towards their ambition to be champions of England and to advance in the Champions League.

"I have no doubt that the players and management of City will achieve great success in the future."

Tevez has done his best for the club and always gave 100% to the City cause.

Anyone with children can fully understand that the Argentine player wants to be closer to his daughters. He has been away from home for long periods of time without seeing his family and his decision should be respected by the fans. Tevez has more than paid back the City faithful with his goal ratio for the club. Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...