Monday, 22 November 2010

Carlo Ancelotti Confirms his Position

Carlo wants to stay.
Carlo Ancelotti has denied reports he wants to quit Stamford Bridge.

The Italian has come under pressure recently following Chelsea’s third Premier League defeat - this time at the hands of Birmingham at the weekend, making it three losses from four games.

Chelsea’s owners recently sacked Carlo’s assistant and right hand man, Ray Wilkins. Ancelotti received a called from the League Managers Association after it had been reported that the Chelsea manager had become disillusioned at losing Wilkins as his assistant, suggesting that the Italian would leave his post.

Speaking ahead of Tuesday's Uefa Champions League meeting with MSK Zilina, Ancelotti said: "I don't know if it's enough to clarify my position today to close these rumours and speculation.

"These rumours are totally untrue. I don't know why they came out. I didn't speak with the LMA. They called me last night when I was at home; quiet, to find out what was happening.  I have my contract until 2012, here, in this club. I've said a lot of times that I'd like to stay here.

"I love not just this club, but these players. I have a lot of confidence in these players, in this squad, so there's no reason to change my ideas. I don't know if this is enough to speak about all this.

"I think that when the team don't reach the right results, obviously the coach is under pressure. Obviously I am under pressure because I'd like Chelsea to win every game, but just this.
"I am focused on my job and to give my team, my club ... to make us play better than we are at this moment. Just this." Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...