Sunday 12 December 2010

Carlos Tévez: Why I Want to Leave

Carlos Tevez wants to leave City
Carlos Tévez has moved quickly to confirm that he wants to leave Manchester City. After missing the game against West Ham, specualtion had been mounting that Tévez had handed in a transfer request.  That was, it seems, the case.

However, Manchester City then moved to reject the transfer request in hope of convincing the Argentinean to remain at the club. Despite this, the 26 year old has today issued a statement expressing his desire to quit.

Tévez has clearly made up his mind. In his statement he said; "I can confirm I have handed a transfer request to the chairman of Manchester City Football Club,"

"Now I need to clear my head and think because this is an important part of my career.

"My feelings have not changed and it is regrettable that we have reached this situation. But it is something I have felt for some time and have spent many hours thinking this through."

Tévez had wanted leave the Blues this summer, but long-time advisor Kia Joorabchian talked the striker out of a move.

"I hugely resent the management's suggestions that I have been unduly influenced by others," said Tevez.

"I wanted to leave in the summer, but was convinced to return to the club. Sadly, my feelings have not changed. I am disappointed that the management should now see fit to try to portray the situation in another light."

The forward has not exactly been at the club for an eternity.  He arrived in the 2009–10 summer transfer window, the first player to be transferred between the two Manchester teams in a decade.  Yet he quickly made himself indispensible in the eyes of fans and players and became Captain this season.

He continues bleakly in his statement, "My relationship with certain executives and individuals at the club has broken down and is now beyond repair. I do not wish to expand on this at this stage. They know, because I have told them."

Tévez thanked owner Sheikh Mansour for his understanding.

"I wish to clarify that I have no personal issue with the manager Roberto Mancini," he said. "The owner has been very generous with what he has offered to me. I would like to thank Sheikh Mansour for his understanding and support." Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...