Tuesday 14 December 2010

Gary Speed Appointed Wales Manager

The Welsh Football Association has announced that Gary Speed has taken up the vacant position as the National team coach, Speed’s club Sheffield United gave the Welsh FA permission to speak with Speed and the former international player was selected ahead of Chris Coleman, John Hartson, Brian Flynn and former Sweden manager Lars Largerback to the position.

Gary Speed’s only management positon has come within the last four months at Sheffield United, many will feel that he may lack experience at coaching level and Speed's first task will be to help get Wales off the foot of their Euro 2012 qualifying group.

Speaking on his appointment, he said: "It's something that's very difficult to turn down when your country comes calling. I'm a very proud man at this moment to be asked to be the manager of Wales."

On Leaving from Bramall Lane, he said: "These things happen in football, where the timing's not always great.

"I was disappointed to leave Sheffield United because I feel I had a job to do there and was fully committed but obviously when your country comes calling it's a tough decision you have to make. I feel in my heart it's the right one.

"To be fair to them they've been fantastic throughout and made the decision really easy for me.

"I'd like to thank Sheffield United for the opportunity I've been given there both as a coach under Kevin Blackwell and then as a manager." Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...