Wednesday 8 December 2010

Klitschko Up For Chisora Test

Klitschko and Chisora battle it out on Saturday
Wladimir Klitschko is expecting a stern test when he takes on Dereck Chisora for his IBF & WBO Heavyweight Championship titles, but he insists that he will control the fight from the start at SAP Arena in Germany this Saturday.

The Ukrainian is under no illusion of the threat that Chisora possess and also suggests it will be his most dangerous opponent so far, Klitschko has even insisted that the Zimbabwean-born fighter is more of a threat that David Haye.

However, having done all the hard work in the gym, the champion is confident that he can see off the 26-year-old and retain his world titles.

"I feel fantastic. I'm looking forward to this fight and I think that Dereck Chisora showed also that he is ready, physically and mentally," said Klitschko.

"The man is looking for a challenge, so am I. Considering that he's a beginner in the sport, he's (still) determined, and that's great. So I will have a great challenge on Saturday night."

What to expect

He added: "I analyse my challengers very precisely, inside out. And I've been watching Dereck Chisora a lot before.

"So I know what to expect in the ring, I know what he's able to do or not and I'm just looking forward to the fight."

Chisora has always suggested that he has the power to knock Klitschko out, and the champion is realistic when asked if he could fall victim to a major upset.

"There's been a lot of talking. Any heavyweight can hit and any heavyweight can get knocked out," the Ukrainian said.

"It's (happened throughout) history a lot of times, especially with these young challengers that are undefeated.

"For example, Leon Spinks beat Mohammad Ali in the past, so that's why I'm not going to underestimate Dereck Chisora.

"I'm not going to overestimate him as well, so not too much respect because I am the champion and I know exactly what to do." Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...