Monday 6 June 2011

Xabi Alonso Refuses To Rule Out Liverpool Return

Real Madrid’s Xabi Alonso has refused to rule out a return to Liverpool in the future, the Spaniard enjoyed a successful spell at Anfield before leaving for Real Madrid.

Alonso was unhappy when then Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez was willing to sell him as he pursued Gareth Barry, which effectively ended Alonso’s Liverpool days but the Spaniard insists that he would never rule out a return to Anfield.

When asked if would ever consider returning to Liverpool, Alonso told Liverpool TV: "Why not?
"I think that in football so many things change, and why not? I have my red passion and if circumstances arrived then why not?

"At the moment I don't know what is going to happen, but it could be a possibility. Never say never."
Alonso, pent five years at Liverpool, but admitted it was a major wrench to leave Anfield and he revealed he still misses the club.

"It was difficult because Liverpool has been and always will be very special," added Alonso. "It is in my heart because I have lived very intense things there.

"I miss lots of things. I miss the lads, I miss the atmosphere at Melwood - it was a great place to work, and the scenario of Anfield is unbeatable.

"The special nights I have been privileged enough to live, those will be in my memory forever and they are difficult to compare anywhere in the world." Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...