Monday 31 January 2011

Fernando Torres Joins Chelsea


Fernando Torres has joined Chelsea today for a £50m deal from Liverpool breaking the British transfer record after the Reds initially rejected a transfer bid from Chelsea last week.

The striker then subsequently handed in an official transfer request the next day, which was rejected and today Chelsea made an improved offer which Liverpool found head to resist considering the players had already made up his mind that he wanted to leave Anfield.

Fernando Torres joined Liverpool in the 2007 season and made his competitive debut for Liverpool against Aston Villa in a 2–1 win on 11 August 2007.

Torres has since made 142 appearances and scoring 81 times for the club and the 26 year old now seeks a new challenge in hope of winning silverware at Stamford Bridge.

Having completing his transfer to Chelsea, the striker said; "I am very happy with my transfer to Chelsea and I am looking forward very much to helping my new team-mates this season and for many years to come.

"Having played against Chelsea many times since coming to England, and in some very big games I will never forget.

"I know there are many great players here and I will work hard to win a place in the team. I hope I can score some important goals for the supporters to enjoy this season."

Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...