Sunday 9 January 2011

Cesc Fabregas Clarifies His Future

Arsenal Captain Cesc Fabregas has again reiterated that he wants to remain at the Emirates at least until he has helped the club win silverware. The Spaniard was at the centre of speculation after last year’s World Cup when reports suggested that he could head home to play for a Spanish side.

"Why would I want to leave? It is fantastic here," Fabregas said. "It would be a dream to lift trophies for Arsenal. It has always been my wish.

"Afterwards you can always be attracted by something else, like a new objective, or new challenges because, for me, life is all about challenges.

"But my real challenge as captain of Arsenal is to bring this football club success. This is the biggest dream I can have. I want to end these five years without a trophy and, hopefully, I can do it this season."

Fabregas was accused of not pulling his weight earlier in the season after the Gunners refused to let him go to Barca last summer.

But the 23-year-old skipper said; "It hurt me a lot to be injured and then hear some things, that my head was not here and my heart was somewhere else.

"I often played when I wasn't 100 per cent and it is painful to hear that kind of thing when you have worked so hard for this club and when you give everything for them." Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...