Wednesday 20 October 2010

Hodgson wary Torres interests United

Roy Hodgson has today said that Liverpool could be vulnerable to bid from Manchester United when the transfer window opens in January, after revelations from Old Trafford the last few days that striker Wayne Rooney wants to leave United. Alex Ferguson could very well come knocking on Hodgson's door for Fernando Torres. The out of form striker has looked delusional for Liverpool this season, likewise with United's Wayne Rooney.

Roy Hodgson said, "When a great player like Wayne Rooney is looking to leave his club, Manchester United will be in a position to target a lot of players around the world,"

He also added. "I don't think Fernando Torres will be the only striker they target, and I don't think that we will be the only club that will be worried their striker can be targeted.

"I am not naive to believe there won't be any danger and we will never lose a player like Torres, I understand these things can happen. I don't believe we will lose him, we will do our best to ensure he stays, and I only hope I can do everything in my power to help him return to the very top level we know he has. I certainly hope he will get back very quickly, we want to get him back to form and back to the level we know he can achieve as quickly as possible."

Also Roy Hodgson says he was caught unaware that managing director Christian Purslow was resigning from his position a week after securing the sale of the club. The manager added, "Christian Purslow leaving doesn't impact on my position as far as I know, but that is not a question for me to answer," Hodgson said.

"I came to work for Liverpool Football Club not an individual. I had no idea before today that Christian was going to leave the club. I believe I have the backing of the club, and I want to continue with the rebuilding job that we have here. We knew it was a big job, and as far as I am concerned nothing has changed." Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...