Monday 6 June 2011

Carl Froch Confident Of Beating Andre Ward

Carl Froch has now set his sights on USA’s Andre Ward after he overcame Glen Johnson in the semi final on Saturday with a points victory of the veteran figther.

Carl Froch is confident he will 'walk through' Andre Ward when the pair battle it out in the final of the World Super Six Boxing Classic.

Ward has emerged as the man to beat from the inaugural round-robin tournament but as Froch  is not worried about Ward as he is not known for his power punching although the American is yet to lose so far.


The 27-year-old has won all four of his Super Six fights on the scorecards and while he has been impressive in doing so, the Englishman believes it is something he can capitalise on.

"I'm going to walk forward, impose my strength and power, stick it on him and walk through his feather-duster punches."

"This is a guy who is an Olympic champion, he's very fast, very skilful, but to be honest I did a better job on (Arthur) Abraham than he did," he told Sky Sports News.

"His best asset is his fast reflexes but he's not a big puncher, so he's going to have trouble keeping me off him.

Carl Froch is confident he will see off Ward and has played down the threat that the American could post.
The Nottingham born fighter added; "I'm going to walk forward, impose my strength and power, stick it on him and walk through his feather-duster punches. He's not known for his big punches, he's not a knockout man, so there's a lot of areas for me to exploit.

"But it's going to be a top fight between two top-level fighters, it's a unification fight and the final of the biggest tournament ever in boxing, and this is what sport's all about.

"He may think I'm disrespectful, but I'm not talking personalities I'm talking boxing. I'm going into that fight confident I can do a job." Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...