Tuesday 7 June 2011

Floyd Mayweather To Face Victor Ortiz

Floyd Mayweather Jnr has announced that he will face Victor Ortiz the WBC Welterweight Champion on September 17, Mayweather hasn’t been in the ring for over a year in which he beat Sugar Shane Mosley after a deal to fight Manny Pacquiao fell through.

Victor Ortiz lost to Marcos Maidana two years ago, but the 24-year-old has since beat the then undefeated Andre Berto who knocked Ortiz to the canvas only for him to get back up and beat him on points.

The fight everyone wants to see is Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather and should Money beat Ortiz and Pacman beat Juan Manuel Marquez later in the year, we could only hope that a fight between the pair would once again be in the spotlight.

"I am ready to return to the ring and give my fans a fantastic night of boxing by fighting the best out there and for me, that is Victor Ortiz," said Mayweather.

"He is the current champion and an extremely talented fighter who showed amazing skills, and heart, in his last performance against Andre Berto.

"At this stage of my career, these are the challenges I look for, a young, strong, rising star looking to make his mark in boxing by beating me. Like the rest of my opponents, he is going to try to prove that he can beat me.

"I commend him for accepting the fight, but on September 17, Ortiz is just going to be another casualty, the 42nd one who tried and failed. Trust me, I will be ready." Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...