Tuesday 7 June 2011

Tiger Woods Out Of US Open

Former World No1 Tiger Woods has been forced to pull out of the US Open at Congressional which is due to take place next week, Woods is still recovering after suffering a knee and Achilles tendon injuries which he suffered during the Masters in April and then Woods suffered a re-occurrence of the same injuries at the Players' Championship last month.

Tiger was forced to withdraw after playing nine holes at Sawgrass and the latest news will come a big blow for the former world no 1 after the serious nature of the injuries.

"Not playing in US Open. Very disappointed. Short-term frustration for long-term gain," he wrote on his Twitter site.

"I was hopeful that I could play, but if I did I risk further damage to my left leg.

"My knee and Achilles tendon are not fully healed. I hope to be ready for AT&T National (on June 30-July 3), the next two majors and the rest of the year.

"It's been a frustrating and difficult year, but I'm committed to my long-term health.

"I want to thank the fans for their encouragement and support. I am truly grateful and will be back playing when I can." Best Blogger Tips
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...